Friday, July 29, 2011

Fruit/Veg Challenge: Day 29/62: Heritage Purple Bean

When I saw these in the supermarket the other day I had to have them. Other than being purple, they looked like green beans. Not only that, but they were inexpensive so I figured I had nothing to lose. Boy was I wrong. When I cooked these this afternoon as I watched them boil I realized I was losing the purple for which I'd paid the better part of a dollar and two quarters. These beans were magically stealing my novelty away and leaving me with green beans. Granted, they tasted perfect. I cook green beans so rarely that I'd forgotten I enjoy their flavor, and this food challenge is a great reminder for things like this, but if you want your purple beans to stay purple, you may have to eat them raw vegan style.

No comments:

Post a Comment