Friday, July 29, 2011

Fruit/Veg Challenge Days 21-28: Summary

Before my memory fails me, here's my list for the last 8 days. 

21- Mission Olives - We had a pizza luncheon for Net 2011. It wasn't a great day for eating fruits and veggies for me and sadly this was what I came up with

22 - Jalapenos - Jalapeno bagels and Jalapeno dip. I had other veggies this day, but the challenge is variety so here it is.

23 - Cucumber - My boss made a great vegan cucumber salad for our work potluck. I know it had some spices and a little Veganaise.

24 - Spaghetti Squash - With the heat wave I was relieved to find out this is easily prepared in the microwave. Once cooked, the squash can be scraped with a fork and it comes out in the shape of noodles. I flavored mine with a little Braggs liquid amino and some cayenne pepper. The braggs is very similar to soy sauce but with a little more sodium with an assortment of amino acids that are supposed to be healthy. I used it sparingly because I'm still not OK with the idea of putting that much sodium into my food.

25 - White Onion - I'm really not a fan, but they ended up on my sandwich and I ate them raw.

26 - Romaine Lettuce - A Caesar salad turned out to be one of my best options for eating breakfast/lunch without breaking the bank at a semi-local restaurant (Niles, MI). I didn't like the idea of paying $8 for pancakes when I could get them in Berrien Springs for $3.

27 - Rhubarb - I asked a friend who likes to bake to make us a strawberry rhubarb pie. The rhubarb wasn't as tart as we had hoped for but it did come out pretty good.

28 - Snow Peas - Since I don't eat these often, I'll use them for yesterday. I'm sure I'll cross paths with them again in Thailand and I won't be able to claim them there now, but I'll take that risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment